To apply for a medical marijuana card you must be:
- A Colorado resident with a valid social security number.
- Receiving treatment for a qualifying medical condition.
- Examined by a doctor with whom you have a bona fide physician-patient relationship.
To apply for or renew your medical marijuana card you must submit:
- A completed and notarized adult application packet or a minor application packet.
- A Physician Certification completed by your doctor, included in the packets above.
- A copy of your Colorado driver’s license or photo ID.*
- A check or money order for $15 made out to CDPHE or a Request for Fee Waiver/Tax Exempt Status form.
- Optional: If you wish to designate a caregiver, a Caregiver Acknowledgement form and a copy of your caregiver’s ID.
*If you don’t have a Colorado ID, submit a Proof of Residency Waiver Request form and required supporting documents. Out of state ID’s submitted with proof of residency documents are only valid for one year. When renewing your medical marijuana card, you must provide a Colorado Driver’s License or photo ID.
STEP 1: VISIT A DOCTOR
If you qualify for one of Colorado’s qualifying medical conditions, it’s time to visit a doctor. Many doctors in the Greater Denver area see people nearby our shops.
STEP 2: APPLY FOR YOUR CARD
In order to receive your medical marijuana card, you and your doctor must provide the following:
A Notarized Application Form.
- Doctor’s recommendation- provided by your physician.
- A photocopy of your Colorado ID or other proof of residency and waiver request.
- $15 Check or Money Order made out to the CDPHE
Once you have all of the required material, send the forms by certified mail to the CDPHE.
STEP 3: SHOP
If you are applying for the registry for the first time, you may use a copy of your physicians recommendation, notarized application form, and certified mail receipt to shop Monday- Friday from 8am-5pm for 35 days from the day you sent it.
If you are a renewal patient, you will need to wait until your new card comes in. Existing patients may apply for renewal 60 days before their current expiration date. We recommend that patients renew as soon as possible to avoid any overlap in care.